Day 1 ( )
Arrival / Lanzhou
Transfer via: Domestic flight can be arranged on your request.
Lanzhou to Lhasa via Golmud
Transfer via: Tourist train K917(16:45-22:30)on our arrangement.
Lanzhou, the capital city of Gansu Province, is also an important point of the Ancient Silk Road. You can take flight and train in from many other cities in China. On arrival in Lanzhou, our guide will meet you at the airport and transfer you to the train station. Half day city tour in Lanzhou can be arranged on your request if you take morning flight in. In the afternoon, board the tourist train(16:45-22:30next day) from Lanzhou to Lhasa which will arrive in Xining three hours later, and stop in Golmud the next morning.
Stay overnight on the train
Day 2 (L)
Golmud To Lhasa
The train stops over in Golmud in the morning. Your real Tibet train travel starts. There are nine sightseeing platforms designed on the Golmud-Lhasa section to give passengers the opportunity to view the plateau landscape. There are Yuzhong Peak, Mt.Kunlun,Chuma'er River, Tuotuo River, Mt.Danggula, Amdo Cuona Lake, Nakchu, Dangxiong, and Yambajan. Each one allows 30-50 minutes to take photos and view the beautiful scenery. You will arrive in Lhasa at 21:00. On arrival, our guide will welcome you at the railway station and transfer you to the hotel.
Stay tonight Shangbala Hotel***
Address: Danjielin Rd, Lasa, China
Day 3 (B,L)
Lhasa Full day city tour of The Potala Palace, The Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street.
- The Potala Palace: Perched upon the Marpo Ri Hill, 130 meters above the Lhasa valley, it is the greatest monumental structure in Tibet. We kindly suggest you take taxi to the top of the palace which costs about 10 and then walk down after your visiting.
- The Jokhang Temple: The Jokhang is the most celebrated temple in Tibet. Because the temple is not controlled by a particular sect of Tibetan Buddhism it attracts adherents of all the sects as well as followers of Bon-Po, Tibet's indigenous religion.
- Barkhor Street: The Barkhor is the oldest street in Lhasa as well as the center of old Lhasa and remains very traditional. It is a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts are assembled.
Day 4 (B,L)
Full day city tour of Sera Monastery, Trupeng Monastery, Norbulingka, and visit The Carpet Factory.
- Sera Monastery: It is known as one of the three greatest monasteries of Tibet.It costs 15 to take a taxi to go, however, you can bargain with the taxi driver.
- Trepung Monastery: It is one of the biggest monasteries in Tibet.
- Norbulingka: Norbulingka means "Jeweled Garden". It was constructed as a summer palace for the Dalai Lama and later served the whole governmental administration.
- The Carpet Factory: The highland of Tibet is the actual home of the oriental carpets. By visiting Carpet Factory you will have a general idea how carpets are produced.
Day 5 (B,L)
Lhasa To Shigatse
Drive to Shigatse and visit Tashilunpo Monastery.
- Tashilunpo Monastery: Painted in red and white, the buildings in the monastery stand closely together in terraced rows, offering a grand and majestic view.
Stay tonight Shigatse Shandong Hotel***
Address: 5 Shandong Road, Shigatse Tibet 85700 China
Day 6 (B,L)
Shigatse To Jiangzi
Drive to Jiangzi and visit The Palgor Chorten.
- The Palgor Chorten : It is with 9 stories, 108 doors and 77 rooms. Each room contains a different statue of Buddha and the wall frescoes telling the story about it.
Stay tonight JIANGZI HOTEL***
Address: 8 YINGXIONG RD JIANGZI XIZANG CHINA
Day 7 (B,L) Jiangzi / Shigatse / Lhasa
Transfer via: Car/Coach
Drive full day from Jiangzi to Lhasa via Shigatse. Enjoy the plateu landscape alongside the road. Rest of day will be free for you to explore Lhasa.
Stay tonight Shangbala Hotel***
Day 8 (B)
Lhasa / Departure
After breakfast, your guide will meet you at the hotel and transfer you to the airport.
Recommended Hotels and Price Details (per person in US$): currency converter
Travel in party of Tourist Class Single Room Supplement
1 person $1,689 $1,649 Inquire about the tour
2-5 persons $1,038 $999
6-9 persons $853 $814
single room supplement $287 $249
::::::::::How to cut down your tour cost or even win a free trip? ::::::::::
Service include Services not included
A. Tibet Travel Documents
B. Entrance fees
C. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=Dinner.
D. A Personal English-speaking Tibetan Guide, experience Driver, Private Car / van for Private Transfers & sightseeing.
E. Hotels (twin share bases) as listed in the itinerary.
F. Service Charge & Government Taxes.
G. Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels.
H. Train tickets from Lanzhou to Lhasa
I . Two bottles of Mineral Water
A. Entry or Exit Tibet International Airfare or train tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Excess Baggage Charges.
D. Personal Expenses.
E. Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L", or "D".
F. Single Room Supplement.
G. Gratuities, Tips to guides or drivers.
. ::::Please click here for more details of what is includes and what is not included :::::
1. Prices are valid until March, 2007, but may vary according to your travel time and tour availability (e.g. China special events time such as Shoton Festival; Chinese holiday periods: April 30th - May 7th, Sep 30th to Oct 7th, Tibetan New Year (the 1st day according Tibetan Calendar), Shoton Festival (Usu, early August), and Chinese New Year period which usually falls in January.
2. The best time to travel in Tibet is from April to October when the weather is most comfortable. We discourage you from coming to Tibet in the winter season that is from December to March when the weather is tough and unbelievable cold. Know more about Tibet Climate and Weather.
3. Special note for this tour:
a.Trains running on this line are all specially designed and equipped for the unique plateau conditions. Trains are all equipped with fixed-pane windows to maintain the oxygen level, which is kept at least 23 percent higher than that outside the train, and each seat is equipped with an oxygen pipe. Each passenger is allowed to carry a bottle of oxygen up to two liters in volume.
b. Travel agencies can not guarantee successful booking and can only but tickets 10 days in advance before October 2006.